- Fresco Turkey Brine Blend: amount will vary based on turkey size
- Brown sugar: equal parts to brine blend used
- Butter: 1/2 cup softened
- Fresco A Bit of Tuscany Spice Blend: 1 tablespoon
Rinse your bird both inside and out, then pat dry. Combine your brine blend as well as brown sugar, making enough to spread over the entire turkey. Refrigerate uncovered, for a crispy skin, at least 8 hours but no more than 24. Rinse your bird and again pat it dry. Combine the butter with Fresco A Bit of Tuscany and smear the blend both under and outside the skin of the turkey. Then cook as usual.
Our turkey was not only beautiful but more importantly it was delicious.
Dry brining is a great way to enhance your bird’s flavor. Unlike wet brining you do not have to submerge in water in a large container when refrigerating, so this is a great alternative when low on fridge space.
For a WET brine:
1. ADD ½ CUP SPICED BRINE BLEND AND ½ CUP OF BROWN SUGAR TO ONE GALLON OF WATER PER 10 -12 LBS. OF TURKEY AND BRING TO A BOIL FOR 5 MINUTES.
2. COOL TO ROOM TEMP, AND REFRIGERATE UNTIL THOROUGHLY CHILLED.
3. PLACE THE TURKEY IN A LARGE NON-REACTIVE CONTAINER (LARGE PLASTIC BUCKET) AND ADD LIQUID BRINE MIXTURE. IF NECESSARY, ADD ADDITIONAL COLD WATER SO THE ENTIRE TURKEY IS SUBMERGED IN THE SOLUTION.
4. REFRIGERATE OVERNIGHT.
5. REMOVE TURKEY AND DISCARD BRINE.
6. RINSE TURKEY AND PAT TURKEY DRY.
5. SEASON TURKEY AND GRILL OR ROAST TO DESIRED DONENESS.