Greek Orzo Salad
This afternoon we are headed to our friends' home for a pool party/cookout. It is still 90 plus degrees at the end of September so I wanted to bring something light, yet delicious, that even the kiddos would love.
- 1 container of orzo (or in this case I found tiny pasta shaped as flowers) boiled/strained and then cooled
- 4-5 small english cucumbers, the kind you don't have to peel or seed, diced
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes cut into fourths
- 1 5-6oz container of feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon Fresco Greek Blend
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
Combine all ingredients for dressing in a bowl, being sure to mix well. Next, combine cooled pasta and all other salad ingredients in a large bowl. Pour dressing over combined ingredients and finish by seasoning with a teaspoon or two of Fresco Rustic Greek sprinkled over the top much like a finishing salt.
Fresco Greek and Rustic Greek are very similar blends and can be interchanged. The difference between the two is the grind size of the ingredients. Our rustic Greek blend has a much larger grind and a more pronounced garlic flavor. That is why Rustic Greek belongs in our Gold, Garlic Lovers blends.
On a side note: This salad was even better left over the following day. The dressing was fully absorbed by the pasta as well as the veggies and it was just delicious!